Thursday, March 27, 2008

LDG Financial crosses the line, by Robert Paisola

I received a message on my answering machine two weeks ago that made no sense. It was a woman asking for me by first name only, stated she was from Tampa FL and that it concerned a settlement, then she left a phone number. Of course right away I was worried someone I knew had passed (never occurred to me a debt collector would use the term settlement as the only reason for calling). After extensive calls to my extended family to be sure everyone was ok and then googling every name I could remember of people close to me growing up (to see if any of them recently resided in FL). I finally decided to google the phone number (866-281-7743) to at least see what law firm this woman worked for. Imagine my surprise to be directed to your website. I have no issue with debt collectors contacting me (I have quite a large sum of past due medical bills from yrs ago), I understand I owe money. However I thought it was pretty shadey to misrepresent why they were calling especially in the way they did that left me concerned someone I knew and love had passed away. Are there not laws out there that they have to be clear about why they are calling and who they are??? I have never had any debt collector misrepresent themselves until now and it has left me with a bitter taste in my mouth.
Thank you and I hope you do find a way to shut this company down or at least change their tactic to ones more "humane".

No comments: