Wednesday, February 06, 2008

A 12 Year Old Student Loan? Robert Paisola Responds

Hi,
Sorry to bother you, but you seem very knowledgeable, and I'd like to "pick your brain."

I have student loans that defaulted 12 years ago. I'm in NY state... No judgement was ever gotten on me. I never finished college due to a disabled child who went end stage renal failure. I, too, have had problems with cancer, and discovered that working, being ill, and taking care of my girl was just too much on me. Basically, our family income is my childrens income... My girls SSI and my kids support. I have no husband. I have no income of my own.

I need to know if there is a way to get my loans dismissed. I need to know if there is a way to get these loans off my credit report... It's not like I'm going to go out and try to get some credit cards, it's just that land lords now do credit checks, and I actually was "homeless" (cramped in my parents bedroom with two kids)for a couple of months... I get creditor's that harass all the time. I cannot make anyone understand that there is no money in our home... I actually wear my son's hand-me-down tee shirts... as I will not spend their money on my self.

Any suggestions?

Gratefully,
Elizabeth

No comments: