Thursday, March 27, 2008

Nationwide Credit and American Express, Will they ever be stopped! Posted by Robert Paisola

Dear Robert Paisola,


My name is Ali and I have an account with American Express that I have open back in 2005. Since then I have used the card to pay for classes and other goods. About a month ago, i get a call from Nationwide credit and they called me several times at my parents house and my cell phone at all bad times. I got chance to speck to them and they explain to me that i have to pay the balance in full. I simply told them i don't have the money, and that I am still a student working part time making $8.50 hr. And then they go about saying, that i have 4 or 5 Hrs. to give them a call to see what I'm going to do about the balance. So they ahead and try to set me up with a payment plan that was way over my budget every month of $750.00 and that it needs to paid right a way. I told no sir, i can not make this payment! To make a long story short ( I could better explain the situation over the phone in more detail) we finally agreed to pay a monthly payment of $250.00 for 6 months and then see where we at after that to increase the payments. The balance as of now is $3900. They have recently took their payment of $250.00 with an addition check for $9.00 that cause my account to overdrawn. I have called them today and asked to remove the automated payments, and that i will send out the payment. They told me that it will not work out and if i do, the whole balance is due right away and if I can't pay the balance then they will have to take legal action and sue. When i applied for the American express ONE card, I was told this account was a payment plan, where you can pay the monthly payments that you received. I have done so since 2005 pay the minium payment every month and then after 3 years, it goes to collection. Please help if in any way possible. i really cant afford the payments.


Thank You
Very Much,

Ali

No comments: